Thursday 1 December 2011

Short brewing hiatus

Unfortunately, due to a recent medical diagnosis and surgery, I'm forced to avoid brewing for the rest of 2011 (at least). Hopefully it won't go beyond that; it's just a matter of not being allowed to do any heavy lifting for 4-6 weeks... and with a pregnant wife, I don't have anyone nearby to help out! However, if I can recruit someone, maybe I'll be able to get in one final brew session for 2011 after all.

Hate to do this when I've just started this blog. I should be able to still get the Kate the Great clone bottled within a week or two. It's now down to 1.023, which would be a great FG if it stops right there. I've likely lost a good 3-4 L, maybe more, from the blow-off in the first few days of fermentation. I'm still thinking that I won't be making the oak addition... I'll likely just go right to bottling.

Over the next few weeks, I'll try to post some recent tastings (along with the recipes) of some homebrews I've done in the past. Some turned out quite good, others not so much, but I figure that way I'll still be able to keep track of their development while bottled.

No comments:

Post a Comment